Lincoln Park RFC - 2010 Midwest Champions
Welcome to the home of LPRFC, the rugby club at the heart of Chicago's lakefront. One of the longest established clubs in the Midwest, we offer competitive rugby mixed with a strong social element in a prime location to players of all levels and abilities.
Currently playing in the Midwest region, Lincoln Park is a former National Championship runner-up and recent Midwest Champion. We offer two full competitive sides each week throughout the season and are a club that works to blend players of all levels of experience. Whether you are an experienced rugby player moving to the Chicago area or perhaps a sportsman looking for a new challenge, we have time for you. Whilst predominantly made up of US born players, we have in recent years been represented by players from England, Scotland, Spain, Argentina, Ireland, Uruguay and Germany.
What we offer:
- Two teams each week of the season. Competitive rugby at the Division II and Division III.
- Qualified coaching.
- Active social scene. Cubs rooftop, Xmas Bowling, pub crawls, golf outings are just some of the events we have organised in recent times.
- Centrally located training field and match pitch within easy access of Chicago's northside neighbourhoods (Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Wrigleyville).
- Frequent tours to foreign countries. Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Wales, and Argentina are just a few of the places we have visited over the last 10 years.
- Corporate membership discounts to local health clubs (LPAC, LVAC)
Please explore the site and hopefully you will find a little more about us and the sport of rugby. If there are further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Finally a little quote, which to those who play this sport will ring true as to just why they do.
"If athletics is the Queen of sport, Rugby is its King."
"There has to be something giving Rugby the power, which enabled it to grow worldwide. Something creating the relationship, the unity among all Rugby players known in few other sports. It seems like a reflection of the basic human fight to survive, which was effective only if the maximum power and wisdom of the individuals was united and concentrated. The simplest Rugby philosophy is to play with no mercy, with maximum power against all opponents, no matter if they are the closest friends. After the end of the match, there is always enough time for some friendly relaxation and an untimed third half."